Thursday, January 21, 2010

Avedon, just in time

Last weekend, the boy and I went to see the Richard Avedon Exhibition before it left the Detroit Institute of Arts (just in time, it left two days later).  It was lovely, and I spent much of my time lusting after the clothes and hats.
Just a few...







































I wore a new acquisition to my collection of vintage hats.  We followed up our DIA visit with a stop at Retro Image, my favorite local antique store, which has just reopened following a long reconstruction after a car drove through its window (!).  I found some great treasure, including vintage lockets, jewelry, and the most amazing 1960s black dress coat, to be pictured soon!

hat-vintage, from Hudson's The Woodward Shops (Dearborn Village Antiques, Dearborn, MI)
dress-Richard Chai for Target
moccasins-Minnetonka



No comments:

Post a Comment